Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Connection dropping

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Connection dropping

Posted Sep 24, 2014 09:18 AM

My wireless connections keep dropping off.  I have 3 different school buildings that each have their own Virtual Controller.  I can sit there and be connected to one of my SSID's and all of a sudden the I lose my connection and it says not connected.  I can then go and reconnect to the same SSID and it will connect for a few minutes then do the same thing.  It does not matter if I am on our secured wireless, our guest wireless or the hiddden utility wireless.  It also does not seem to be happening to just one type of device as we have IPAD's, Chromebooks, Chromebases and peoples smartphone.  My teachers are starting to get frustrated because they will be connected showing something and then out of nowhere they lose their connection.

• 2.  RE: Connection dropping

Posted Sep 24, 2014 09:31 AM

Hi

Hard to pinpoint the problem, without more info.

How about listing the controller, AP type, and running software version as well.

I have seen a few problem regarding AP-225, but as i don't know your setup i can't say.

At the same time, find a client with the problem and add a user-debug towards the client.

#logging level debugging user-debug <mac>

This might point you in the right direction of the problem.

Roar Fossen

• 3.  RE: Connection dropping

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2014 09:33 AM
    If this is an urgent/major issue, please open a TAC case.

• 4.  RE: Connection dropping

Posted Sep 24, 2014 09:33 AM

What type of IAP are you using ?

What Instant OS do you have installed ?

• 5.  RE: Connection dropping

Posted Sep 24, 2014 09:55 AM

We are running IAP-105's version 6.3.1.4-4.0.0.6_44126.