Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Connection problems with android devices on my workplace's aruba APs

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Connection problems with android devices on my workplace's aruba APs

Posted Nov 28, 2016 03:49 PM

I have a nexus 6p and a new ZTE Axon 7 enhanced, both of which are having the same issue (some of my co-workers on various android devices are having the same issue), and I was wondering if anyone has a known fix for this. I have the network team's ear, and can get information if needed. 

The problem is as follows:

My android phone can connect without issues, and can load webpages and do other light tasks like sending and receiving hangouts messages without issues, but as soon as I try to do anything demanding such as run a speed test or watch/download a  youtube video, the connection hits 0 bars and disconnects. it then instantly reconnects, and tries again. this cycle will continue indefinitely. 

It's worth pointing out that for that split second, data transfer DOES happen, it just instantly drops my phone. 

I hope you guys can help out, thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: Connection problems with android devices on my workplace's aruba APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 29, 2016 05:07 AM
    We will probably need more details. Is encryption in use on that wireless network?