Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Contents of Controller Flash

Hello knowledgeable people!

We're doing some cleanup on our controllers and have some content on the flash which I could use everyone's input on as to purpose.

There are files/folders named fieldCerts and tpm.  Any ideas?

The others are logs.tar which I think are backups of the logs - but is this being written to constantly or just a one time backup? Also a file named username which looks to be a backup of the internal database of MAC auths?  Again, is that a one time backup I could recreate, or an ongoing file that should be left alone?

I've searched through the forums here and through various pieces of Aruba documentation, but haven't had any luck finding references.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guru Elite

Re: Contents of Controller Flash

jhenley wrote:

Hello knowledgeable people!

We're doing some cleanup on our controllers and have some content on the flash which I could use everyone's input on as to purpose.

There are files/folders named fieldCerts and tpm.  Any ideas?

The others are logs.tar which I think are backups of the logs - but is this being written to constantly or just a one time backup? Also a file named username which looks to be a backup of the internal database of MAC auths?  Again, is that a one time backup I could recreate, or an ongoing file that should be left alone?

I've searched through the forums here and through various pieces of Aruba documentation, but haven't had any luck finding references.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leave FieldCerts and TPM.  You can erase logs.tar which is a onetime backup.  You can also erase username.  Type "show boot" to see the filename of your running config file--don't delete that.

In the GUI they will allow you to delete other files like Captive Portal support files, but you should be very careful about those.

If you are looking to create space type "tar crash".  If there are no crash files, it will tell you.  Otherwise copy off then delete the crash.tar file on the commandline.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: