Wireless Access

Control Plane Security throughput impact

Hi,

I was wondering what the impact of enabling cpsec on a controller would be to the throughput of a wireless client?

This is related to a difference in download and upload speeds observed when compared to a standalone Cisco AP, as per this thread link.

After applying the latest driver to the clients, the test results were as follows,

Aruba / TC dow:1,47 min. up: 23 sec
Cisco / TC dow: 1,25 min. up: 21 sec

I know there may be some contention with other clients on the Aruba and so forth, but as far as I know the rest of the config such as encryption is the same, apart from cpsec.

Would there be anything else, such a legacy client protection that could cause this discrepency?

Thanks

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Guru Elite

Re: Control Plane Security throughput impact

Why dont you compare control plane security on vs. control plane security off?  That would be apples to apples.  In addition, please open  a TAC case, like the thread suggests.

Many factors go into performance testing and they cannot all be addressed in a forum post.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: Control Plane Security throughput impact

The difference is throughput with cpsec enable/disabled is negligible.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: