Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller 3200 XM Guest acces can see private network - how to disable

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Controller 3200 XM Guest acces can see private network - how to disable

Posted Jul 27, 2012 02:00 PM

Hi I setup a 3200 controller with a private WLAN and a Guest one. I specifically indicated in the wizard not to see the private LAN, however I have an open netwrork now.

How do I reconfigure the guest SSID to NOT see/access the private network.

thank you kindly,

GH ITAVA

• 2.  RE: Controller 3200 XM Guest acces can see private network - how to disable

Posted Jul 27, 2012 02:48 PM
    What is the role that the guest users fall into after connecting to the SSID?

1. Create a netdestination "internal_network" and add your internal networks to it.
    2. Create a ACL
    any alias internal_network any deny

3. Assign ACL at the top of the list of the guest-user-role

• 3.  RE: Controller 3200 XM Guest acces can see private network - how to disable

Posted Jul 27, 2012 03:26 PM

@hthakker wrote:
    What is the role that the guest users fall into after connecting to the SSID?

1. Create a netdestination "internal_network" and add your internal networks to it.
    2. Create a ACL
    any alias internal_network any deny

3. Assign ACL at the top of the list of the guest-user-role

Im not clear on the "Roll" Guest users fall into question. Sorry. I just went through the wizzard. Im familiar with other WIFI network MFGs but not the Aruba equipment much. Im doin my best witht the manual though.

I will give a shot to the making the Inter_Network any deny rule and let you know how that worked.

Thanks for the help.

• 4.  RE: Controller 3200 XM Guest acces can see private network - how to disable

Posted Jul 27, 2012 05:10 PM
    Kindly refer to the following material for more information regarding blocking guest users from accessing the internal network
    http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/CampusVRDV8_20110913.pdf

• 5.  RE: Controller 3200 XM Guest acces can see private network - how to disable

Posted Jul 27, 2012 07:13 PM

Thank you for the reply. Checking this out.

I turns out there is a missing license to enable the security. We are getting this now and once deployyed, will give a follow up.

The PEF NG License missing prevented me from settign any security policies.

Thansk again.