Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller Hardware testing

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Controller Hardware testing

Posted Jan 11, 2012 01:22 PM

Hello fellow Airheads! I am new to the forums here so don't burn me to bad on this one. 

I have an older Aruba 2400 controller and it's making all sorts of nasty noises when it gets rebooted. Sometime it sounds like a bad fan, other times it sounds like a fingernail going across a chalk board. I was wondering if there are any tools or commands I can run to take a look at the hardware on the controller. Being used to Cisco IOS, I usually just run a show post to give me a vague idea. 

I have done a quick search on here and the web and have come up empty. Any info would help. 

Thanks,

Chris

• 2.  RE: Controller Hardware testing

Posted Jan 11, 2012 02:22 PM

The only command I really know of for that is show inv, but it doesn't give you a whole lot of info on a 2400.

• 3.  RE: Controller Hardware testing

Posted Jan 11, 2012 02:41 PM

Thanks for the reply, yeah I tried that one earlier and it doesn't give a lot of info as you said. Thanks though. 

• 4.  RE: Controller Hardware testing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2012 02:51 PM

@cbarone wrote:

Hello fellow Airheads! I am new to the forums here so don't burn me to bad on this one. 

I have an older Aruba 2400 controller and it's making all sorts of nasty noises when it gets rebooted. Sometime it sounds like a bad fan, other times it sounds like a fingernail going across a chalk board. I was wondering if there are any tools or commands I can run to take a look at the hardware on the controller. Being used to Cisco IOS, I usually just run a show post to give me a vague idea. 

I have done a quick search on here and the web and have come up empty. Any info would help. 

Thanks,

Chris

That definitely sounds like a fan going. Is it under an active support contract? If so, I would definitely contact TAC and open a case.

• 5.  RE: Controller Hardware testing

Posted Jan 12, 2012 09:54 AM

Just opened a case I will post what they find. Thanks again. 

• 6.  RE: Controller Hardware testing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 17, 2012 12:59 AM

Was there a TAC case number?  I can check the status.