Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller Interface hang after Restoring the Flash

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Controller Interface hang after Restoring the Flash

Posted Dec 28, 2015 11:30 PM

Dear all,

WLAN network was stable and running since last 2months. Due to power failure couple of times controller configuration file including all the licenses got erase. When the controller became stable I found not any license as well as no configuration. Moving on the the maintainenance page I selected the Restore flash and click restore. After that the controller reboots and my WLAN controller became stable. 

NOW the controller does not respond If I am taking the backup flash. When I click on BACKUP FLASH then selecting CREATE BACKUP the controller gets hang and I am unable to access through CLI as well. I have to restart the controller and then it works fine. Again taking an action on CREATE BACKUP flash the controller gets hang.

Looking forward for the valuable response.

• 2.  RE: Controller Interface hang after Restoring the Flash
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 28, 2015 11:32 PM

You clicked on Restore Flash, but you are not sure how old the backup was.  It could have been corrupt.  You should open a TAC case, because it could be anything, really.

• 3.  RE: Controller Interface hang after Restoring the Flash

Posted Dec 28, 2015 11:43 PM

Dear Colin,

thanks for updating me. Actually I have a backup flash file in my laptop but didnt upload it to controller flash. I just clicked on restore flash. Please confirm the steps mentioned under the link. If I follow the same does it works ?

From WebUI To generate the flash backup:

Navigate to Maintenance > Backup Flash > Copy Backup.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-do-I-back-up-the-flash-on-the-controller/ta-p/177838

• 4.  RE: Controller Interface hang after Restoring the Flash

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 28, 2015 11:49 PM

If you just clicked on restore flash, and there is a file called flashbackup.tar.gz on the controller it will restore whatever backup is in flash.  If you did not create this file, it could be corrupt and that could be what is causing your issue.  You should open a TAC case, because you should be able to backup the flash using the instructions you posted with no issue.

• 5.  RE: Controller Interface hang after Restoring the Flash

Posted Dec 29, 2015 12:04 AM

Dear Colin

Sorry I think you didnt get my point. I have a valid flash file in my laptop. If I transter it by the steps mentioned under the link, Does it work for me ?

• 6.  RE: Controller Interface hang after Restoring the Flash

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 29, 2015 12:06 AM
    You should be able to restore it under normal circumstances, yes.

• 7.  RE: Controller Interface hang after Restoring the Flash

Posted Dec 29, 2015 12:10 AM

I will let you know after doing this activity.