Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Controller Interface hang after Restoring the Flash

[ Edited ]

Dear all,

WLAN network was stable and running since last 2months. Due to power failure couple of times controller configuration file including all the licenses got erase. When the controller became stable I found not any license as well as no configuration. Moving on the the maintainenance page I selected the Restore flash and click restore. After that the controller reboots and my WLAN controller became stable. 

NOW the controller does not respond If I am taking the backup flash. When I click on BACKUP FLASH then selecting CREATE BACKUP the controller gets hang and I am unable to access through CLI as well. I have to restart the controller and then it works fine. Again taking an action on CREATE BACKUP flash the controller gets hang.

Looking forward for the valuable response.

Guru Elite

Re: Controller Interface hang after Restoring the Flash

You clicked on Restore Flash, but you are not sure how old the backup was.  It could have been corrupt.  You should open a TAC case, because it could be anything, really.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Dear Colin,

thanks for updating me. Actually I have a backup flash file in my laptop but didnt upload it to controller flash. I just clicked on restore flash. Please confirm the steps mentioned under the link. If I follow the same does it works ?

From WebUI To generate the flash backup:

Navigate to Maintenance > Backup Flash > Copy Backup.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-do-I-back-up-the-flash-on-the-controller/ta-p/177838

Guru Elite

If you just clicked on restore flash, and there is a file called flashbackup.tar.gz on the controller it will restore whatever backup is in flash.  If you did not create this file, it could be corrupt and that could be what is causing your issue.  You should open a TAC case, because you should be able to backup the flash using the instructions you posted with no issue.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Dear Colin

Sorry I think you didnt get my point. I have a valid flash file in my laptop. If I transter it by the steps mentioned under the link, Does it work for me ?

Guru Elite

You should be able to restore it under normal circumstances, yes.

Colin Joseph

Regular Contributor I

I will let you know after doing this activity.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: