Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller Mesh Point errot asap_vap_gone:got vap gone notification on unknown VAP0:1

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Controller Mesh Point errot asap_vap_gone:got vap gone notification on unknown VAP0:1

Posted Apr 15, 2015 01:20 PM

I configure Wireless Mesh on the controller with basic settings

the mesh portal works well

the mesh point show the following error 

asap_vap_gone:got vap gone notification on unknown VAP0:1

then it cannot be shown on the controller 

• 2.  RE: Controller Mesh Point errot asap_vap_gone:got vap gone notification on unknown VAP0:1

Posted Apr 15, 2015 01:42 PM

Hi,

Couple of things here,

1. Which AP model you are using for Portal and point ?

2. Do you have any other Mesh deployment nearby ?

Please clarify the above, we can fix the issue.

• 3.  RE: Controller Mesh Point errot asap_vap_gone:got vap gone notification on unknown VAP0:1

Posted Apr 15, 2015 11:46 PM

I use AP-175 For both 

There is no Mesh arround

i ask if the mesh point cannot find the portal 

but it is direct connected to the controller 

then it cannot see the controller or what is the right boot process

is there any debug commands to see why this Mesh cannot see the controller or cannot see the MESH Portal 

• 4.  RE: Controller Mesh Point errot asap_vap_gone:got vap gone notification on unknown VAP0:1

Posted Oct 13, 2015 04:06 PM

I am having the same exact issue as the original message in this thread.  I cannot get the mesh point to join the controller no matter what I do.

I am trying to setup a point to point configuration.

Please let me know if anyone has any sugestions.  These are the error messages on the mesh point.

~ # [ 37.520896] wl0: set MESH_ID(Lamson Mesh, 11)

[ 37.952715] asap_vap_gone: Got vap gone notification on unknown vap:0:1
    [ 39.105110] asap_vap_gone: Got vap gone notification on unknown vap:0:0
    [ 39.196348] anul_get_max_amsdu_size(1631): WARN: AMSDU size is not explicitly configured
    [ 40.174577] anul_get_max_amsdu_size(1631): WARN: AMSDU size is not explicitly configured
    [ 40.271704] anul_get_max_amsdu_size(1631): WARN: AMSDU size is not explicitly configured
    [ 40.371866] anul_get_max_amsdu_size(1631): WARN: AMSDU size is not explicitly configured
    [ 40.468992] anul_get_max_amsdu_size(1631): WARN: AMSDU size is not explicitly configured
    [ 364.601423] wl0: set MESH_ID(RecoveryH34dVd4AK+lLFSZW, 24)
    [ 364.669977] anul_get_max_amsdu_size(1631): WARN: AMSDU size is not explicitly configured
    [ 364.766895] anul_get_max_amsdu_size(1631): WARN: AMSDU size is not explicitly configured

• 5.  RE: Controller Mesh Point errot asap_vap_gone:got vap gone notification on unknown VAP0:1

Posted Oct 13, 2015 04:13 PM

Also I am using AP277s to create point to point wireless bridges.  There is no other Mesh configured APs in the area.

• 6.  RE: Controller Mesh Point errot asap_vap_gone:got vap gone notification on unknown VAP0:1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2015 06:16 PM

Couple of questions:

* You are at at least AOS 6.4.3 or later?

* These were purged or new and when plugged in to the LAN, controller, came up and you provisioned them as mesh portal and point, and you provisioned these as 'outdoor' or 'auto'

* You haven't modified the AP groups allowed channels

You can ignore the AMSDU messages, until the mesh point is up

• 7.  RE: Controller Mesh Point errot asap_vap_gone:got vap gone notification on unknown VAP0:1

Posted Oct 14, 2015 10:52 AM

We are running 6.4.3.2

These are brand new AP277s that came up on the controller and I was trying to provision them as a mesh portal and point.  I have since factory reset them several times in attempts to get the setup working.

No, I have not modified the AP group allowed channels.

It seems overnight that the mesh point did finally find the controller though.  I now see that the mesh point ap is showing down on the controller.  Before it seemed as if the controller didn't know it was configured as a mesh point.  It only showed it being down in the default AP group.  I have not got the bridge connection working as of yet though.

I am currently seeing the same error messages:

[ 96.765896] asap_vap_gone: Got vap gone notification on unknown vap:0:1
    [ 97.857370] asap_vap_gone: Got vap gone notification on unknown vap:0:0

• 8.  RE: Controller Mesh Point errot asap_vap_gone:got vap gone notification on unknown VAP0:1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 14, 2015 11:33 AM

You might open a TAC case and they could help, the console logs can likely be ignored as they are common to see as a mesh point is coming up or down. 

If you can, send me a show-tech at 'jhoward -at- arubanetworks -dot- com' and I can look at it. Common issues would be if the portal is on a channel the point can't run, but since they are both 277s, that seems unlikely. 

• 9.  RE: Controller Mesh Point errot asap_vap_gone:got vap gone notification on unknown VAP0:1

Posted Oct 14, 2015 02:41 PM

Thank you Jerrod.

I got on the phone with TAC today and we were able to get the point connected to the portal AP.  We had tried various things to try and bring the bridge connection up but there were 2 things that I made note of that seemed to make a diiference.  Im not sure if these confiurations/steps should be nesccessary but at least the point seems to be working now.

In the Mesh Radio profile he changed the Reselction mode from startup-subthreshold to reselect-never.  He mentioned that you would only do this in a point to point setup.

We had to reboot the AP using the command "apboot ap-name <ap-name>" from the contrller and the point AP would seem to start working after we would reboot this way.  In the past I was rebooting the AP by basically removing the power/POE from the AP.

• 10.  RE: Controller Mesh Point errot asap_vap_gone:got vap gone notification on unknown VAP0:1

Posted Mar 09, 2016 03:24 AM

BUMP!

Sorry to step in your post, can I know did support told you the root cause of this?

I'm in the same situation with you as well now.

• 11.  RE: Controller Mesh Point errot asap_vap_gone:got vap gone notification on unknown VAP0:1

Posted Mar 11, 2016 09:07 AM

Are you asking for the root cause to why I could not get the  mesh point to join controller? I looked though the case notes and there does not appear to be a good description from TAC on this.

What I remember is that we reset the portal AP277 using the CLI or GUI. This is important because when I would just remove power from the AP277 by shuting down the POE connection this did not help restore the connection.

Also, I had an issue where an AP-277 (acting as a mesh portal) was being powered by POE and would not form a connection with the mesh point until I put a power injector inline with the network switch. TAC was pointing to a problem with cabling although I could not find any issues with the connection and it was within spec.

Let me know if this does not answer your question.