Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller blacklists clients spontaneously

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Controller blacklists clients spontaneously

Posted Feb 07, 2013 04:48 AM

Hi,

After upgrade to firmware version  6.1.3.6 our Aruba 3400 controller, has started to spontaneously blacklist clients with the reason "IP spoofing".

Any ideas why this happens, and what can we try to fix it?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Controller blacklists clients spontaneously
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 07, 2013 06:24 AM

@TheMustangMan wrote:

Hi,

After upgrade to firmware version  6.1.3.6 our Aruba 3400 controller, has started to spontaneously blacklist clients with the reason "IP spoofing".

Any ideas why this happens, and what can we try to fix it?

Thank you.

There is a current bug with ip Spoofing incorrectly detecting clients and  Blacklisting them.  For now, please turn of ip spoofing and arp spoofing protection, for now.

It should be fixed in 6.1.3.7 when it comes out.

• 3.  RE: Controller blacklists clients spontaneously

Posted Feb 07, 2013 06:45 AM

@cjoseph wrote:
    There is a current bug with ip Spoofing incorrectly detecting clients and  Blacklisting them.  For now, please turn of ip spoofing and arp spoofing protection, for now.

Thank you. Where do I turn these things off?

• 4.  RE: Controller blacklists clients spontaneously

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 07, 2013 06:49 AM

@TheMustangMan wrote:

@cjoseph wrote:

Thank you. Where do I turn these things off?

First, see how many clients are currently blacklisted "show ap blacklist-clients" on the commandline or "Blacklist Clients" on the GUI.  You can then turn off ARP and IP Spoofing detection by going to Configuration> Advanced > Stateful Firewall and then unchecking those options.

• 5.  RE: Controller blacklists clients spontaneously

Posted Feb 07, 2013 10:45 AM

I recently updated to 6.2 and 6.202.  The IP-spoofing if out of hand.  I had to turn it off.  Is there not a way to toggle it?  I would like IP Spoofing turned on but I was spending the better part of an hour releasing valid users.

• 6.  RE: Controller blacklists clients spontaneously

Posted Feb 09, 2013 09:14 AM

@MemphisBrothers wrote:

I recently updated to 6.2 and 6.202.  The IP-spoofing if out of hand.  I had to turn it off.  Is there not a way to toggle it?  I would like IP Spoofing turned on but I was spending the better part of an hour releasing valid users.

what do you mean with toggle?

• 7.  RE: Controller blacklists clients spontaneously

Posted Mar 04, 2013 04:04 PM

Hi 

We previously had 6.1.3.0 and  did not wanted to upgrade to 6.1.3.5 because of this false positive "IP-Spoofing" issue. We had to upgrade the firmware last week due to a known vulnerability issue. We figured if we skip the 6.1.3.X and  gone straight to 6.2.0. 3 since the problem was supposed to be resolved in 6.1.3.7. But what do you know. By the time we got report of clients not able to get on to our wireless network we had about 50+ users (most if not all Apple devices ) that were "black listed" . We had to turn off "Prohibit IP Spoofing". Will really like to know if Aruba know about this issue still exist and when will the fix come out

• 8.  RE: Controller blacklists clients spontaneously

MVP
    Posted Mar 05, 2013 03:51 AM

If you read the releasenotes you'll see that 6.2.x.x split off from the 6.1.3.5 release and has since not merged back yet.

That together with 6.2.0.3 still being an early deployement release ...

• 9.  RE: Controller blacklists clients spontaneously

Posted Mar 06, 2013 04:16 PM

My bad for not reading the release note. But seriously, if this is a known issue for a while I would expect it been address in the new firmware release. Would you recommend to go back to 6.1.3.7? Thanks for the help.

• 10.  RE: Controller blacklists clients spontaneously

Posted May 07, 2013 12:39 PM

If you don't have 7200 controllers, stay on 6.1.3.x.

$0.02.