Wireless Access

New Contributor

Controller constantly reboots AP

I have a AP that is causing me trouble.  The controller keeps requsting a reboot of a AP when I join it to the controller to be managed as a Campus AP.  I have another Campus AP that the controller managers, and this one has no issues staying up.   

I have factory reset the AP in question a couple of times, and get the same rebooting result when trying to convert to a controller managed device.  

Any ideas?

Guru Elite

Re: Controller constantly reboots AP

What version of ArubaOS is this?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

AOS 8.2.1.0 running on a 7008. 

MVP

The problem might be related to this message:

No available license type SECURITYGW for AP

This usually implies there are not sufficient PEFNG licenses to allow the AP to connect.

check the "show ap database" output , flags column.  I suspect this AP will show an "L" flag if it shows at all.

check available licenses on the controller.

show  license-usage  ap

A past related post:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/Why-does-the-controller-show-the-No-available-license-error-when/ta-p/179018

Shawn Adams
Aruba Networks Customer Advocacy
Guru Elite

@mfrankoptiv wrote:

AOS 8.2.1.0 running on a 7008. 

What is the output of:

show license debug feature-bits

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

PEM licensing was not installed on my controller, which was causing the issue.  Got my hands on that license, installed, and AP2 has been working fine. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: