Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller debug limits

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Controller debug limits

Posted Jan 20, 2016 09:20 AM

Hi, 

I get asked this question a lot, but do not know the official answer to it so I thought I post it out there as I cannot find any community links about it. So here goes...

In the controller you can run debug for various things, the common debug I have used is the user-debug. Is there any limit on the amount of debug you can run on the controller when it starts impacting performance. For example, is there a limit on the amount of user debug you can run from the controller?

Also, is there a limit on the other debugs as well ?

• 2.  RE: Controller debug limits
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2016 09:40 AM

I would run a "show cpuload" on the controller before your turn on debugging.  If at any time it stays at 80% or above, I would not turn on debugging.

After you turn on debugging, once again check to make sure it is not at 80% or above sustained.  If it is not, you are probably okay.

• 3.  RE: Controller debug limits

Posted Jan 20, 2016 09:49 AM

Thank you for the answer. 

So what I get from your answer is the amount of debugs that could be run on a controller depends on the resources of the controller ? Is this correct ?

• 4.  RE: Controller debug limits

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2016 10:59 AM

Correct.