Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller login page - can't login, "session timed out"

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Controller login page - can't login, "session timed out"

Posted Apr 09, 2013 10:41 AM

I'm trying to install a 620 controller, running 5.0.3.3.....actually, my manager is trying to do this remotely.

I am able to SSH into the controller, but am not able to login to the GUI.  When I enter the credentials, I get the "Authentication Complete" message, then it returns to the login page with a "Session timed out" message.

I've already tried rebooting, but still getting the same results. 

What are my next steps for troubleshooting or getting this to work?  Site is 90 miles away...not really looking to do a road trip today ;)

• 2.  RE: Controller login page - can't login, "session timed out"

Posted Apr 09, 2013 11:06 AM

Have you tried with another browser or something?

If that doesnt work... i would think its a bug... nad i would check the release notes....

• 3.  RE: Controller login page - can't login, "session timed out"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2013 11:15 AM

check to make sure port 4343 is allowed through between you and the controller.

• 4.  RE: Controller login page - can't login, "session timed out"

Posted Apr 09, 2013 11:17 AM

Id otn think thats the issue beacuse he gets the prompt.. he get to put the credentials.... if that port was closed then he wouldnt be able to get in, not even to put the password and login name

• 5.  RE: Controller login page - can't login, "session timed out"

Posted Apr 09, 2013 11:39 AM

Have tried on multiple browsers and 3 different computers.  Have typed as slow as possible to make sure I'm not fat-fingering the password.  Can get in via SSH, but not web interface.

Would hope it's not a bug.  I've deployed 180 controllers using the same AOS, template, and method.  First time I've ever seen this issue.

• 6.  RE: Controller login page - can't login, "session timed out"

Posted Apr 09, 2013 12:36 PM

Well thats really weird... then is not a bug...

Do you know if this happen internally? i mean if they can access to it throgh an internal interface not the public interface.

Just to make sure, can you try checking the user time out?

show aaa timers

and i dont know try to change it to a bigger value... like 600sec to see if it works? the default is 300secs...

• 7.  RE: Controller login page - can't login, "session timed out"

Posted Apr 09, 2013 01:49 PM

(PC8275-620) #show aaa timers

User idle timeout = 300 seconds
    Auth Server dead time = 10 minutes
    Logon user lifetime = 5 minutes

I changed it to 600 seconds, but still the same issue.

If I'm logged in via SSH, are there any commands I use to see what is going with the GUI authentication?

This is a new office, just turned up today.  I have other controllers I can configure and send out, but honestly nothing in my configuration process is going to change.

I'm okay if this just happens to be an issue with this controller, but if it is some other deeper issue, shipping a replacement isn't going to solve anything.

One other issue that concerns me is the user is reporting that "aruba-ap" is showing up in the available networks.  Our default profile is to have all APs come up as in air monitor mode until they are provisioned.

• 8.  RE: Controller login page - can't login, "session timed out"

Posted Apr 09, 2013 02:55 PM

???  Call it magic?  Out of nowhere, It just started working.