Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Controller system integrity and OS file system check

Hi

We have a old 3600 controller - we suspect that the controller has a fundamental File System problem.

We have previously had issues where it wasn't saving configurations which was done + changing to different Config files with no success + upgrading to different Version on different Partition with same results.

Is there perhaps a way to check the integrity of the system hardware and/or something like a file system check?

Guru Elite

Re: Controller system integrity and OS file system check

The controller does a memory check during bootup.  Have you tried factory defaulting the controller?  Does it keep the time, when you reboot it?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Hi

The system Passes all the boot up tests for memory and image with no reported errors. Checking the clock it does keep the correct time across reboots.

I Factory resetted  (write erase all) it a bit earlier and was able to upgrade to the latest 6.4.3.6.

and appears to be behaving a bit better after the reset and upgrade.

It appears to be saving configs now , however if I  choose one of my other config files to boot from it still loads the original config but not the selected.

Before the reset it also gave me errors if I tried copying a file on the Flash to a different name -- can't remember the error dialogue it gave - but now it succeeds.......

With the "Write erase all" I ran wasn't it supposed to delete the older config files I had? Two of my previous config files was still vissible in the file list after the "write erase all" - I have ignored them for now and not tried to use these configs.

Im guessing this will be a TAC case?

Guru Elite

The older configs could be corrupt.  Save new configs and see if you have the same problem..

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Hi

I saved my Configuration with "Maintenance -> CopyFiles" and saved it as conf1.cfg.

I then implimented WIP (using the Wizard) and saved this config as normal clicking "Save Configuration" button at top (saving it to default,cfg) - I also saved this configuration aswell with "Maintenance -> CopyFiles" and saved it as conf2.cfg

Under BootParameters I select the conf1.cfg file as the boot config, and go through the reboot process saving configuration before reboot (also did it without saving configuration before reboot --- with same results).

The Controller was to boot without WIP settings as saved in Conf1.cfg -- during boot I see it says it loading config from my dafault.cfg file (not the newly specified files). Once booted the WIP config is still there - so it didn't load my other config file.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: