Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Convert AP-275 to IAP-275 (officially or inofficially)

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Convert AP-275 to IAP-275 (officially or inofficially)

Posted Oct 04, 2017 09:43 AM

Hi, Excuse my ignorance new to aruba and reacently adopted a customer who has 6 AP275 which i want to move from controller to aruba central. But i soon realised that there is an IAP275 and AP275... Which in turn IAP can become AP but it would seem not the other way around... Are they diffrent in hardware ? If not it should be possible inofficially ?

Another thing i noticed is that you can add these AP275 Macs and SN in central and not get an error which is really misleading.

• 2.  RE: Convert AP-275 to IAP-275 (officially or inofficially)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2017 10:58 AM

Same hardware but different firmware such that APs cannot convert to IAP. 

• 3.  RE: Convert AP-275 to IAP-275 (officially or inofficially)

Posted Oct 04, 2017 11:14 AM

i see... and it's not any licence or such for purchase to allow such transistion ? BR

• 4.  RE: Convert AP-275 to IAP-275 (officially or inofficially)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2017 12:13 PM

It is a physical hardware limitation (the firmware is EEPROM locked for AOS firmware only on the AP-XXX models). 

• 5.  RE: Convert AP-275 to IAP-275 (officially or inofficially)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 05, 2017 02:59 AM

With "serial number can be entered in Central, which is misleading", do you mean that the AP shows up in the list in Central? What I have seen in a similar situation is that while the AP serial and MAC can be entered, and it shows the model number, it does not show up added to the list of APs in Central. If it does, can you please open a support ticket through Central, as that should not happen.

• 6.  RE: Convert AP-275 to IAP-275 (officially or inofficially)

Posted Oct 05, 2017 05:55 AM

Well, No it doesn't show up. But there is no warning that it's incompatible which makes you assume that it's added and wating for the AP to report before it shows in central..

BR