Wireless Access

Contributor I

Converting IAP into controller managed AP

Hi!

I have question about converting APs. I have MC 3200XM on ArubaOS 6.1, 22x AP 105 and 4x AP 135 (converted from instant). Firstly I set IP for controller (VLAN 1 172.16.0.254/16), then converted all IAPs into APs indicate given controller IP. Everything works fine, but then I have to reset controller to factory settings. After that, I set controller new IP. My question is, if IP controller which I indicated when converting is fixed, non changeable and I fated to always use that IP? 

Guru Elite

Re: Converting IAP into controller managed AP

[ Edited ]

When you convert an IAP, in the flash of the AP, the "master" or controller IP is set.  You can make this dynamic by:

(1) provisioning access points before the controller was reset so that the AP uses ADP or DNS to find the controller

(2) Using a console cable and change the setenv master variable to nothing.

last resort:

(3) Using the reset button on the AP to turn the AP back into an IAP.  You would then have to convert it again by pointing to the new ip address.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Can I simply back to old controller IP and just reboot AP? 

Guru Elite

Yes, but depending on the mode, your AP might have to be in the CAP whitelist...

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Which mode is demanding to do that? I set auto cert allow all, so all APs should be automatically in whitelist.

Guru Elite

You should be fine, then.

Colin Joseph

Contributor I

It works, thanks a lot!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: