Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Create local guest user at local controller

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Create local guest user at local controller

Posted Dec 08, 2011 02:34 PM

We are using local user database to create account for guest.  We normally create account from the master controller for a guest user at any locations, any controllers.  My AOS version 6.1.2.3

Can I create a guest user at a local controller, so that the account only works at that local controller?  I tried to do that, but user create at local controller fail Captive portal authentication (it works if I create this user at the master):

#  show log user-debug all

Dec 8 13:27:16 :522042:  <NOTI> |authmgr|  User Authentication Failed: username=ess MAC=00:15:00:5c:0e:f4 IP=172.22.47.247 auth method=Web auth server=Internal

Regards,

Trinh Nguyen

• 2.  RE: Create local guest user at local controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2011 02:44 PM

You can force all requests for the local database to point to the local controller, instead of the master by doing:

config t

aaa authentication-server internal use-local-switch

This is run on the local controller.

• 3.  RE: Create local guest user at local controller

Posted Dec 08, 2011 03:01 PM

Fast and reliable as usual

Thanks Colin!

• 4.  RE: Create local guest user at local controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2013 05:32 AM

Is there a way to import the guest-db from the master to the local controllers?  I am looking at taking out a master controller for some time and will apply the local controller authentication, but then all the guest users will need to create new accounts.  Version 5.0.4.4

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Create local guest user at local controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2013 05:44 AM
    Just export the local-db from the master and then import to thd local controller.