Wireless Access

MVP

Create local guest user at local controller

We are using local user database to create account for guest.  We normally create account from the master controller for a guest user at any locations, any controllers.  My AOS version 6.1.2.3

Can I create a guest user at a local controller, so that the account only works at that local controller?  I tried to do that, but user create at local controller fail Captive portal authentication (it works if I create this user at the master):

#  show log user-debug all

Dec 8 13:27:16 :522042:  <NOTI> |authmgr|  User Authentication Failed: username=ess MAC=00:15:00:5c:0e:f4 IP=172.22.47.247 auth method=Web auth server=Internal

Regards,

Trinh Nguyen

~Trinh Nguyen~
Boys Town
Guru Elite

Re: Create local guest user at local controller

You can force all requests for the local database to point to the local controller, instead of the master by doing:

config t

aaa authentication-server internal use-local-switch

This is run on the local controller.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Fast and reliable as usual

Thanks Colin!

~Trinh Nguyen~
Boys Town

Is there a way to import the guest-db from the master to the local controllers?  I am looking at taking out a master controller for some time and will apply the local controller authentication, but then all the guest users will need to create new accounts.  Version 5.0.4.4

Thanks

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Guru Elite

Just export the local-db from the master and then import to thd local controller.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: