Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Creating New Guest Role Mobility Controller Wizard.

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Creating New Guest Role Mobility Controller Wizard.

Posted Feb 15, 2017 11:05 AM

Hello,

As a service to the community, we are looking to implement a cloud based guest service through our Aruba Controller.

The connecting clients will have authentication free access to the Internet through a cloud based provider where DHCP addresses are provided.

Creating the WLAN with the wizard was quite straighforward, but when choosing the Guest Roles, I could not add new Guest roles, so had to choose the existing guest roles, which are the same as the one we use in our internal guest WLAn with captive portal. I would like another guest role, that I can implement different policies from our Internal Guest WLAN, on for example seperate bandwith contracts and so forth, and I wonder if anyone can guide me as to how I can achieve this?

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: Creating New Guest Role Mobility Controller Wizard.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 15, 2017 11:13 AM
    Do you have the policy enforcement license installed?

• 3.  RE: Creating New Guest Role Mobility Controller Wizard.

Posted Feb 15, 2017 11:53 AM

Colin,

Yes we do have the Policy Enforcement License installed.

Regards PM

• 4.  RE: Creating New Guest Role Mobility Controller Wizard.

Posted Feb 20, 2017 04:54 AM

Hello,

I was just wondering, perhaps if there is a way of cloning a Role, as in this case, I would want the Roles to be quiet similar, but want the possibility of having different bandwith contracts or traffic shaping based on the roles.

Regards Peter

• 5.  RE: Creating New Guest Role Mobility Controller Wizard.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 20, 2017 05:46 AM

You cannot clone a role.  You would have to create a new one and assign firewall policies and bandwidth contracts to it.