Wireless Access

Contributor I

Creating an additional SSID, Aruba 620

I am under the impression that my AP's are capable of broadcasting more than one WLAN. When I try to set one up with the WLAN wizard however, I get all the settings in, and it says it is pushing the configuration to the controller for a short second, but nothing changes.

A little background;

Its a Dell branded 620

I am accessing the configuraiton setup via HTML

I have one WPA2 wireless network running with Radius Auth on the Default and only Vlan- Vlan1

I would Like another WPA2-PSK network, possibly hidden, for items that stay inside the network permanently, and require AD server access for Logon Authentication.

I tried creating it on the same Vlan, because the size of my network doesn't warrant segmenting, / I'm not sure how to go about managing one.

So, any thoughts?

I suppose I can always reset the controller and start from scratch, but I figured the Wizard should work just fine if my configurations are correct.

We have 5 AP105s broadcasting.

Thanks!

Dave

Guru Elite

Re: Creating an additional SSID, Aruba 620

theunfrailhale wrote:

I am under the impression that my AP's are capable of broadcasting more than one WLAN. When I try to set one up with the WLAN wizard however, I get all the settings in, and it says it is pushing the configuration to the controller for a short second, but nothing changes.

A little background;

Its a Dell branded 620

I am accessing the configuraiton setup via HTML

I have one WPA2 wireless network running with Radius Auth on the Default and only Vlan- Vlan1

I would Like another WPA2-PSK network, possibly hidden, for items that stay inside the network permanently, and require AD server access for Logon Authentication.

I tried creating it on the same Vlan, because the size of my network doesn't warrant segmenting, / I'm not sure how to go about managing one.

So, any thoughts?

I suppose I can always reset the controller and start from scratch, but I figured the Wizard should work just fine if my configurations are correct.

We have 5 AP105s broadcasting.

Thanks!

Dave

Please clear your browser cache or try another browser.  What version of Dell Code is this?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

[ Edited ]

Aruba Small OS.JPG

I have been using Firefox, this is the OS info, I am going to try it out in IE.

Contributor I

Worked Perfectly in IE, Thats peculiar. It wasn't taking me through the AAA portion of the Wlan setup in Firefox...

Thanks for the Solution!

MVP

Just to let you know there is a bug with mozilla 14 and the wizard

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Campus-WLAN-and-High-Density-Wi/Mozilla-14-possible-bug-with-Aruba-Wizard/td-p/41118

Aruba is aware of that

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: