Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Cross SSID Connectivity

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Cross SSID Connectivity

Posted Dec 22, 2016 06:44 AM

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone is able to assist on a techical query (apologies for what may be a confusing thread title) I have around some configuration choices we're looking to make at a remote office.

We're in the process of rolling out some new Wireless infrastructure, which will be based around Aruba 7030 Controllers and AP-325s, which we hope to have live by the end of Q1 2017. Within our meeting rooms we'll be installing Microsoft Surface Hubs (25 in total), with each device having a Crestron Media Box hooked in to it which will subsequently be connected to our Wireless infrastructure, to allow people to wirelessly project in each of the meeting rooms.

We'd like both In-House employees to be able to connect Wirelessly (via the Corporate SSID) along with external 3rd Parties who will be connected to a Guest SSID (homed to a Guest DMZ), the each of the Crestron panels.

I'd like to research if this is a potential configuration option available to us, but am unsure if this is a supported option.

Ideally we'd have the Crestron panels connected to our Guest Internet SSID (or their own SSID if required) whilst allowing connectivity from clients that are connected to SSIDs outside of this - Is this something that is supported within Aruba - Would someone be able to point me in the direction of some documentation which details the deployment steps required.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Cross SSID Connectivity

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 22, 2016 06:49 AM

Traffic can be routed in any way possible.  I am assuming you are in contact with the Crestron folks to help with the design?

• 3.  RE: Cross SSID Connectivity

Posted Dec 22, 2016 06:55 AM

At the moment, no. My current thinking is that we'll have The Crestron devices terminating with the Guest Environment, located in their own Layer 3 network in a DMZ, which should accomodate Guest connections easy enough. With Corporate connections, then being able to connect to these devices within the DMZ in some way.

I'm thinking around the above connectivity method, as that may be far simpler than having Guest users connecting to devices in our Corporate network, from a Security perspective.

I'm also dont have much knowledge of Clearpass, and whether this could be incorporated in some aspect to simplify things?

• 4.  RE: Cross SSID Connectivity

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 22, 2016 08:49 AM

We sort of need a list of protocols that would be needed between client and crestron and if there is discovery involved, as well.  We would need that before a preliminary design...