Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Customize portal page for WIfi

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Customize portal page for WIfi

Posted Nov 08, 2016 10:06 AM

Hello community,

I was asked by my boss if our login page for the wireless could be customized, so i'm putting this question out to you. We would like to be able to use the portal page to place small blurbs or reminders to our students for various I.T. related things. Example: "HelpDesk will be extending hours during exam week."   

I'm almost positive that this can be done but I have no idea of how to go about getting it accomplished. 

Enviroment info: Master/local setup with Aruba 3600 as master and Aruba 3400 as local. Both controllers are running 6.4.3.9. All campus APs with a mixture of models. (93H, 124, 105, 125, 225)

Any help or nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Customize portal page for WIfi
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 08, 2016 10:15 AM

Assuming you're using the captive portal on the controllers you can add text like so:

Just make sure you select the captive portal profile you're using from the drop down list.

helpdesk.jpg

Enter the text as above. Click submit at the bottom of the page.

My example looks like this:

helpdesk2.jpg

This is an easy (but not particularly elegant) way to do it.

Double check that the setting is pushed to your local controller.

Cheers

James

• 3.  RE: Customize portal page for WIfi

Posted Nov 10, 2016 03:57 PM

Thanks for the reply!!

• 4.  RE: Customize portal page for WIfi

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 10, 2016 05:29 PM

Those settings are not pushed down to the local controllers.  You will need to apply that to each local controller.  The same also if you upload a custom image for the background etc.