Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

DHCP Problem on one SSID after changing IP Adresses

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  DHCP Problem on one SSID after changing IP Adresses

Posted Feb 02, 2017 01:49 AM

Hiho again,

hope someone can help again :)

I have a Controller 7005 with some AP-215 and two different SSID on it, one is the internal with PSK (WPA2) auth and the other is for guest access via voucher (user/password). After changing the ip adresses of the controller and ap`s i have a problem with the internal wifi, i didn`t recieve an ip adress from external DHCP server. If i try to connect to the vlan via cable, it work fine. If i connect to the guest wifi, it work fine.

On my internal wifi i didn`t get the ip settings from DHCP, before changing the ip adresses everything works fine.

Any idea mates?

Thanks first for your fast help.

• 2.  RE: DHCP Problem on one SSID after changing IP Adresses

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 02, 2017 02:58 AM

If you cannot establish a connection to the DHCP server anymore, verify, that there is a route from your new SSID VLAN to the DHCP server and check if ip helper addresses are configured on the Layer 3 boundary (router, Multilayer Switch).

• 3.  RE: DHCP Problem on one SSID after changing IP Adresses
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 14, 2017 06:13 AM

A simple restart of the controller fixed the problem...sry for that late info.

• 4.  RE: DHCP Problem on one SSID after changing IP Adresses

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2017 06:18 AM

No worries - happy you could solve your issue :-)