Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

DHCP config help

I have attached a sample lab setup diagram.

Basically I am looking for help in configuring an external DHCP server on Windows Server for assigning IP's for corp (VLAN 2029) and guests (VLAN 2066). I wanted to know what is the best recommended option to configure this - on switch using DHCP forwarding or on controllers using DHCP helper or any other way? I would highly appreciate if someone can help configuring as well.

Many thanks in advance.

Regular Contributor II

Re: DHCP config help

Hi,

Where is the L3 gateway for the vlan 2029 & 2066?

If it is on the switch, setup the DHCP helper/forward on the switch.

If is is on the controller, setup the DHCP helper/forward on the controller

Basic: for a device to do DHCP helper/forward it needs a IP address in that VLAN to work. Also IP routing should work.

Looking at your design I think that you to have the L3 gateway on the switch so setup DHCP helper/forward on the switch.

Hope it helps.

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks Frank, yes it is the switch. Any chance you have any sample configuration which can be used??

Regular Contributor II

Hi,

If you share (in a PM) the current config, brand and model of switch I will share a sample config.

@manish.modi

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: