Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

DHCP fingerprinting

Hello,

We'd like to get some stats re the devices using our wireless network. We have Airwave and this provides DHCP fingerprint analysis, but it seems quite often to be inaccurate. I assume that the fingerprint information required for analysis is updated every so often, is that correct? So would a version upgrade improve this situation? Or is there anything I can do on the controllers without having to upgrade  which would help (we had problems with our last upgrade and so are not yet ready to do another)?

Many thanks

Guru Elite

Re: DHCP fingerprinting

Please give an example of the inaccuracy and where you observe it in Airwave.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Hello Colin,

Unhelpfully I don't have a specific example, this was raised by our wireless manager - the kind of thing he was talking about was devices that he knew to be (eg) Microsoft not showing as Microsoft on Airwave. I don't know whether Airwave was erroneously reporting these devices as another manufacturer/OS or whether they just appeared as 'unknown'. When he returns I will see if I can get more specifics from him.

But in general is there anything configurable within ArubaOS that affects the performance of fingerprinting that I could take a  look at in our config as a first step?

Guru Elite

Devices are typically identified by Manufacturer (Airwave) and Http fingerprint (Aruba).  Your wireless manager should look at the client detail page for a device that has the issue and record the http fingerprint as well as the OS listed in Airwave on that page.  Then they should open a tac case...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: