Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

DHCP server error in Aruba Instant

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  DHCP server error in Aruba Instant

Posted May 26, 2015 11:53 AM

Hi All,

I have 3 IAP 105 in a cluster running latest Aruba OS 6.4.2.6. We do not have a internal DHCP server and would like the instant to provide DHCP to wireless clients. IAP's are given static IP addresses of the subnet 192.168.6.X. 

Now what I want is that the wireless clients should also get IP of the the same subnet i.e 192.168.6.X. So when I create a Local Scope of 192.168.6.X subnet inside DHCP server setting, it gives an error stating that 'it is conflicting with the magic vlan'!!!. 

However clients are getting connected to instant, able to access the internet and internal server but are getiing IP address of 172.X.X.X subnet, but are not able to ping each other.

My requirement is that client should get ip address of 192.168.6.X subnet...please help

• 2.  RE: DHCP server error in Aruba Instant

Posted May 26, 2015 12:30 PM

Hi,

You can not create internal DHCP scope as the IAP subnet. let them get IP from the internal DHCP default scope and check whether "inter user communication" is enabled or disabled.

Please feel free if you need more help on this.

• 3.  RE: DHCP server error in Aruba Instant

Posted May 26, 2015 12:50 PM

Hi Venu,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Can you please with this setting, where can i enable inter user communication?

• 4.  RE: DHCP server error in Aruba Instant

Posted May 26, 2015 01:54 PM

HI Mohan,

Here is the way to enable "Inter user bridging"

System--> general-->Show Advanced options-->Disable " Deny Inter User Bridging" option

For your ref :

IAP_IUB.png