Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

[DNS ISSUE] I have slow dns resolution and ping loss

Hi,

We have 2 Controllers Aruba 7030 with firmware version 6.4.4.13 and 30 AP115 like povisined like campus AP.

So, in the section of "DHCP server" in the controller, i set a dns of the internal network (172.20.50.132) for resolution names.

The problem is: the resolution name works very slow, and i have several loss ping of that PARTICULAR SERVER only from wireless clients.

I have another DNS server (172.20.50.150) and the ping from a wireless client to this server works fine and loss only some packets before to set it like a DNS server in the Aruba controller

When i set the new DNS server (172.20.50.150) in the controller, the conectivity turns slow and loss pings issues appears.

The conectivity from wired connection to the DNS servers works Perfectly..

Some idea??

Guru Elite

Re: [DNS ISSUE] I have slow dns resolution and ping loss

When you say "slow" do you mean when you are pinging from the controller, or clients connected to the controller?  Did you try another DNS server like 8.8.8.8?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

hi cjoseph and thank you for you answer.

When i say "slow" i mean the wireless clients connected to the controller, and yes i tried with google's dns 8.8.8.8 and the behavior is the same.

Guru Elite

Okay.  The clients use the DNS server from the DHCP scope, and not where it is defined on the controller.

Do you have "Drop Broadcast and Unknown Multicast" enabled on all of your Virtual APS?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

The Scope DHCP and the DNS is defined in the controller

dns.jpg

Respect "Drop Broadcast and Unknow Multicast" is enable.

coso..jpg

Guru Elite

When did this problem start happening?

Colin Joseph

Since we installed the solution, it never worked well.

We open a case in the aruba TAC, they reported issues interference, but we have very good download speed and the ping with the others hosts of the networks works fine. When we get a url take a long time to resolv the URL, but once resolve it works fine.

Guru Elite

Do you only have problems with any other applications?  Are you natting traffic?  Do you use a proxy?  Did you try nslookup on the client to see the true response time?

Colin Joseph

-  I have issues with any application that require DNS resolution.

-  Yes the trafic to internet is Natting in the Firewall (ASA5516-x) with a PAT. But we have the same issue in the internal network and that traffic is not natting.

- I dont use Proxy

- I am Try DNS lookup and i get some timeouts before resolv any name or URL, especially in the 2.4ghz band.

Guru Elite

Have you tried to ping anything locally?

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: