Re: Data Rates

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11

Sent from Nine

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for the reply .

It's silly question .Why the same device sending in  different data rates ?

Thanks

Guru Elite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxeQufY2HpQ

Sent from Nine

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

Hi,

Thank you for your great help . I have one question . Why always lower data rates must be disabled or recommended to
disable

Thanks

Guru Elite

It is not mandatory for lower rates to be disabled.  Lower rates are disabled typically to improve performance, because data at lower rates takes longer to transmit.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hi,

If we disable lower data rate  and  the client can only can send and receive in that rate , the client will not  be able to connect to the wireless ?..If that is the case how can we know  the reason from the client and or from the controller ?

Thank you  

Guru Elite

Yes, and you will have a problem with that client if that happens.  The only way that you would know is if you change the rates back and it works.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hi,

"clients can ignore the data-rates being announced by the access-point and the access-point will still accept the received data anyway" 

the above statement is true ?

. I have done a test with a non-aruba ap and i found client is able to communicate with a disabled data rate 

Thanks 

Guru Elite

It depends on the client.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: