Wireless Access

Contributor I

Default size of SAP MTU on 7240 controller?

We have a couple of new 7240s running 6.3.1.2 code that have a SAP MTU setting of 1300.  Did the default size change from 1500?  These were set up by another tech so I am not sure if this was done during config or if the default setting has changed for some reason.

Re: Default size of SAP MTU on 7240 controller?

Is this in the AP sys profile?  Is there a value in that field in the UI?  

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Contributor I

Yes, this is the AP System default profile.  Currently set to 1300.

If you see a value in there, it's not the default.
Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Contributor I

So the default is blank which would be auto discovery of MTU size?

According to this post, default size is 1576 when field is left blank: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Controllers/Oversize-jumbo-frame-errors/m-p/5421/highlight/true#M1860

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Contributor I

I see that it says it sends 1576 byte frames to detect if jumbo frames are supported, but it doesn't really address how it would determine MTU size if left blank.

I'm sure there's logic built into AOS that says if the value is blank than use a default value (I assume 1576 based on the link provided).  I can't find anything in the reference guides as conclusive proof, but I think you would find this to be true if you removed the current value and performed a packet capture where the AP is connected.

--- Edit ---

Just found the following command that should show you the SAP value.  You could try deleting the current value and then issue this command:

show ap debug received-config ap-name XXXXXX

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Contributor I

Good call!  I have tested this and it does indeed default to 1500 when this field is left blank.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: