Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Defining a Role for Captive Portal User

Wondering if I am missing something.  I have for awhile been leveraging the Server Group to define Capitive Portal Roles after a user has logged on but wondered why the drop down within the Internal DB for Role doesn't function.  Should that work?  Running 6.4.2.15.

Thanks,

Evan

MVP

Re: Defining a Role for Captive Portal User

The role attribute in the internal database requires a server group with the internal database as the authentication server and a server derivation rule set-up to read the role value:

Capture.JPG

This is classed as a server derivation rule and falls in the order documented at the below link:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_62_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/Firewall_Roles/User_Role_Assignments.htm

David
ACDX #98 | ACMP | ACCP
Occasional Contributor II

So if I understand this correctly the Internal DB Role Drop Down list is only setting that Attribute Field.  Then I can set a Server Rule to identify the Role Attribute that was selected from the Drop Down List and upon match that will assign the correct User Role Access Control?

Guru Elite

Yes.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: