Wireless Access

Contributor I

Deleted rule from firewall reappearing!

Deleting a rule from firewall policy, clicking done, then apply, at whcih point it is returning me to the User Roles screen.. If I then go back in, the rule is there again!

Ive tried various combinaitons of saving, applying etc.. but it always comes back...

Can I do this via cli as a workaround?

Guru Elite

Re: Deleted rule from firewall reappearing!

What version of code?  Before clicking "Apply" click on "show commands" to see what command it is trying to execute.  It might be a bug...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

v5049

It seems to be showing the right command.. but obviously  not executing it!  Maybe ill try via ssh... 

Doesnt seem to work via ssh either....  I can see the access list session including the rule I want to delte, but when I try to do this I get "unknown policy"

Driving me nuts.. what a wast of a morning!!!

Guru Elite

If you just upgraded your controller, try clearing the browser cache".

In addition, go to the commandline and type "show audit-trail" to see if the command was executed at all.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Had a look at audit trail, and it seems it isnt being executed!??

ip access-list session "captiveportal" no any host 17.0.0.0 "255.0.0.0" permit > -- command execution failed

If I look at the command section in gui.. its try to do:

no any host 17.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 any permit

Yet the "any" part of this doesnt seem to be an option when I view the help menu whilst manually entering the code... so I try permit, and get "unknown policy"

Guru Elite

Then that is a bug.  What version of ArubaOS?

Colin Joseph

Contributor I

v5049  -  the latest we can upgrade to due to hardware limitaitons.

Thanks for you help!  

Guru Elite

Did you try clearing the browser cache or using a different browser?

Colin Joseph

Contributor I

Tried both....

Seems that when I look at the commands lst in the gui it is also trying to execute commands I havent asked it to.. which is a little worrying.. and prob best it isnt actually doing them!

Think Ill be logging a call!

Frequent Contributor II

I have had this loads of time with the GUI. Personally, CLI is the only way to be sure. I think you are very wise up validate your config changes the way you have. It may sound overkill but checking in your configurations into a repository so you can diff the configs is a good 'workaround' for this behaviour.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: