Wireless Access

New Contributor

Dell and Aruba

Hi, we have a network full with Dell Aruba's W-IAP205 and i need more of them. But Dell doesn't deliver them anymore. Can i use Aruba's IAP-205 in the same network? I know it isn't supported, but i can't throw all the Dells away and buy all new Aruba's.

I upgraded the Dell's to (Dell) version 6.5.4.3 and two Aruba's to the same (Aruba) version. The Aruba's work fine on a standalone switch, but on the same network as the Dell's the led's keep flashing on the Aruba's.

Then i made one Aruba master and changed the admin password on it. That Aruba is working fine, but the other Aruba (also with a new password) is still flashing as if it can't startup.

Does anyone knows a solution? If it's not supported i don't care.

Thanks.

Aruba Employee

Re: Dell and Aruba

The official way is to talk to your Aruba Sales Person. We could convert them under some conditions into Aruba IAPs and than it is official supported.

New Contributor

Re: Dell and Aruba

Thank you, that is good to know. When i posted this question at the same time i mailed to HP, but no responce yet. I will call them.

If i don't like their answer, is there a way to get two wifi networks (Dell and Aruba) working on the same network? I have to write the changes to two wifi networks i think but that is no problem.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: