Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Device Setup --> Communication --> Default Credentials

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Device Setup --> Communication --> Default Credentials

Posted Jun 12, 2013 08:56 AM

Is there a way to add/remove entries from the Default Credential screen?  I would like to narrow down the list to only device types I am monitoring with AirWave.

I am running AMP version 7.5.4.

• 2.  RE: Device Setup --> Communication --> Default Credentials

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 12, 2013 10:27 AM

The list on the Device Setup -> Communications page has generally default credentials for each vendor.  There's no harm in them being there as these credentials are only used if you are doing 'auto-authorization' of your devices.  If you're adding all devices manually, then there's no problem.  Otherwise it'd be a feature request to restrict the lists to only devices that you have (or devices you plan to have) in your network.

• 3.  RE: Device Setup --> Communication --> Default Credentials

Posted Jun 12, 2013 11:20 AM

Thanks for the reply Rob.  So the only way to trim this list back is by putting in a feature request with TAC?

• 4.  RE: Device Setup --> Communication --> Default Credentials

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 12, 2013 11:25 AM

Yeah, the list on Device Setup -> Communications is currently not editable, though after initial configuration - most users don't revisit that page.  The page you'll most likely be on more frequently would be the Group -> select group -> Basic page, and that one can be narrowed down to just 'devices on the AMP' or 'devices in the group'.  It's going to be a feature request to change the Communications page which will depend on Product Management decision based on the feature request and upvotes on that request.

• 5.  RE: Device Setup --> Communication --> Default Credentials

Posted Jun 12, 2013 11:28 AM

Okay, thanks for you responses.