09-06-2012 02:51 PM
New Aruba customer (deployment is about 2 weeks old), and we're getting numerous reports from students (we're a higher education institution) that their devices aren't able to connect, or if they do connect, they drop connection then their computer gets a self-signed address, etc.
So, while I don't want to address each and every issue here, I do have one device (a Kindle) in my office right now that is experiencing the "inability to connect" problem. We did test it against an Asus wireless router in our office, and it WILL connect to that, but not to the 135 in our office, or to the 105s in the students' dorms.
I already have a case open with TAC, but they're not responding...maybe just because it's a Kindle (although, the problem this Kindle is experiencing has been reported by other devices - some computers, many gaming consoles, some phones...so solving this issue could help solve the others, but anyways)
I pulled this log from the controller. I don't know if it helps at all. Any help that anyone can provide would be MUCH appreciated. The reports of wireless not working as well as we hoped is starting to get to our director.
09-06-2012 03:12 PM - edited 09-06-2012 04:19 PM
From the logs, I see that the users are falling into VLAN 52 but are not able to get an IP address.
Kindly upload the tech-support logs to the case number and we will take a look at it.
09-06-2012 04:56 PM
I checked the logs and found that the a-basic-rates have been changed under the SSID profile for students.
Kindly change them back to default values and test
wlan ssid-profile "<ssid-profile-name>"
#a-basic-rates 6 12 24
#a-tx-rates 6 9 12 18 24 36 48 54
09-07-2012 08:49 AM
Yes, that change was made yesterday, after these issues (devices not able to connect, students losing connectivity, etc) were already occurring. However, we can change it back for testing.