Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Device discovery problem using snmpv1

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Device discovery problem using snmpv1

Posted Aug 29, 2013 01:54 PM

Hi guys,

I'm trying to discover other vendor wired switches with Airwave 7.7.3. The devices are 3com 4200 or 3com 4500 families with snmpv1 capabilities only. I run several Scans with different set ups on  Device Setup > Discover and Device Setup > Communication, while monitoring Airwave interface with tcpdump. The best result I got is snmpv1 request and response with no new device discovered.

I also tried manually addition on Device Setup > Add and got snmpv2 request only.

The command "snmpwalk -c community -v 1 ipaddress" on Airwave console works properly.

Any other ideas?

João

• 2.  RE: Device discovery problem using snmpv1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 29, 2013 02:00 PM

João,

I don't think we support discovery of those devices with scans.  I think your best bet would be to import them via csv on the Device Setup -> Add page.

Dan

• 3.  RE: Device discovery problem using snmpv1

Posted Aug 30, 2013 10:14 AM

Dan,

If manual addition is not working for one device I don't see why it would work for many devices in a csv file. The problem is: Airwave uses snmpv2 by default to contact an added device. Device speakes snmpv1 only. I haven't found a way to change snmp version to snmpv1 on Communication properties of device.

João 

• 4.  RE: Device discovery problem using snmpv1

Posted Sep 04, 2013 04:55 PM

Hi,

According to this http://www.andovercg.com/datasheets/3com-4500g-switches.pdf

it should support snmp v2.

Are you on the latest firmware on that switch?

EDIT

Edited the link, had the 4400 instead of 4500