Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Device events historical data range

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Device events historical data range

Posted Dec 12, 2012 12:48 PM

Hello,

We noticed that the Device events information on the Client Detail page now is showing only 10 hours of historical data.

I remember having longer time ranges before (days). We are using Airwave 7.5.6 and upgraded from 7.5.4 few weeks ago. Is this related to the upgrade or is configurable parameter now.

• 2.  RE: Device events historical data range

Posted Dec 12, 2012 03:42 PM
      |   view attached

Airwave has an option to control the amount of history AMP server will retain. Please navigate to the AMP Setup > General > Historical Data Retention section and check for the number of days for which AMP is configured to store the client association history.

Thanks

Vic

• 3.  RE: Device events historical data range

Posted Dec 12, 2012 04:05 PM

Thank you for the prompt answer.

I found the settings, but it looks like the value you put there is Hours not Days (it looks like it should be Days).

So in this case the Max Data retention interval is 31 hours. Is this the the way it should work?

• 4.  RE: Device events historical data range

Posted Dec 13, 2012 10:48 AM

I am currently using Airwave version 7.5.3 and beta version 7.6 and I am not seeing this behavior when searching for a device or a user.

You should probably open a TAC case 

• 5.  RE: Device events historical data range

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 13, 2012 05:10 PM

Do you have any patches on your AMP server?  The table should be the same for the APs/Devices -> Monitor page as it is for System -> Syslog & Traps page.  With the only difference being that the events on the monitor page are filtered to only the events that pertain to the device.  Neither table should be showing a time range.

• 6.  RE: Device events historical data range

Posted Dec 14, 2012 09:18 AM

I don't think we have any patches. We upgraded today to 7.6.0 and still have the same issue. The Syslog & Traps events are going back for 12 days, but only 31 hours max is showing for a any client. I guess I'll have to open a TAC case.

• 7.  RE: Device events historical data range

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 08, 2013 12:01 PM

Any results from the TAC case?  I've been unable to replicate this, and would like to know how the AMP got into this state.

• 8.  RE: Device events historical data range

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2013 07:01 PM

Hi Rob,

I just saw your were inquiring about this, just wanted to update you that we found that AMP reached the threshold of 5 million rows in device_event table so thats why the days changed to hours in the webUI. however, in the database we have that many days worth data. i have file a defect # DE13526 to see if we can increase the threshold and also to troubleshoot this issue, we tried to findout why the device_event table got flooded and found that the debugging was enabled on most of the controllers so we were getting a lot of syslogs, disabled the debugging still have the same issue.. I looked at the syslogs and traps page saw there are few AP's generating lot of traps, I requested to schedule a call to troubleshoot further I hav also involved AOS team in it. Now we are waiting on Daniel for his availability to troubleshoot the traps issue. this is the latest update.

Regards,

Fayyaz