08-14-2012 11:28 AM
So I have a case open now for a few weeks and also dragged my Cisco Engineer's in to this with no resolution. I had a half dozen Linksys WET610N wireless bridges online for a couple months. Everything was working great, for the most part I have IP to Analog phone adapters behind them. We were trouble shooting an unrelated speed issue my RAP users were experiencing, during that process we upgraded firmware from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52. We also found that we had somehow added a couple extra gateways under Network > IP > IP Routing that were already managed by my Cisco core. Removing those extra gateways fixed my speed issue.
After this all my wireless bridges basically quit allowing anything behind them to get an IP and go online. The bridges themselves can get an IP and go online just fine. We've tried everything we can think of. Static IP on the bridge and devices behind it, different SSID's on different VLANS, putting the extra gateway address's back on the controller, tried a netgear bridge with same results. Double checked all my ARP settings in both the Aruba and Cisco equipment and they match up. Just hoping someone else may have encountered a similar issue.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-14-2012 12:13 PM
The sequence of steps would be as follows:
(master) (config) #wlan virtual-ap <vap-name>
(master) (Virtual AP profile "<vap-name>") #no broadcast-filter arp
(master) (Virtual AP profile "<vap-name>") #end
(master) #write memory
08-14-2012 06:23 PM
If issue started after the upgrade then most probably it should be related to "Broadcast Filter ARP" as mention by Hardik.
Upto 184.108.40.206, this knob was by default disabled. From 220.127.116.11 onwards it is enabled.
I would request you to try once againby disabling this knob.
08-15-2012 06:06 AM
You are correct but there was one more step to it. Not only does "Drop Broadcast and Multicast" need turned off but "Convert Broadcast ARP requests to unicast" needs turned off.