Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Difference between Broadcast-filter ARP in the global stateful firewall and in VAP

Hi 

I am trying to understand the working of the broadcast-filter arp at two places.

1. Broadcast-filter ARP in the stateful firewall Configuration > Advanced Services > Stateful Firewall > Broadcast-filter-arp.

2. Broadcast-filter ARP in the VAP. 

Guru Elite

Re: Difference between Broadcast-filter ARP in the global stateful firewall and in VAP

Enabling it under the Stateful firewall settings will enable it globally.  There is no indication that it is enabled globally at the VAP level.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Re: Difference between Broadcast-filter ARP in the global stateful firewall and in VAP

Thank you CJ.

If i enable broadcast-filter-arp in the global firewall settings, its not need that i should have it enabled on each VAP i have got on the controller? 

or should i have to turn the broadcast-filter-arp both at the VAP and as well as in the global-firewall settings? 

Guru Elite

If you turn on broadcast filter arp  AND broadcast filter all at the VAP level, you will be good.  You do NOT need to do the same thing at the global level.  It is also easier to troubleshoot when you can see both settings at the VAP level, to be sure.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: