Wireless Access

Contributor II

Different between 7000 series Cloud Service controller VS 7200 series Mobility controller

can you please clear my doubt 

what is the major different  between 7000 series Cloud Service controller VS 7200 series Mobility controller. 

what is pros & con between them ? 

Cloud Service Controller means it can not me Master ? does it requires Master Controller ?

i'm bit confusing these term,  Cloud service & mobility controller.

thanks 

Regard Tej Bahadur 

Guru Elite

Re: Different between 7000 series Cloud Service controller VS 7200 series Mobility controller

We do not encourage the cloud services controllers to be masters and manage other controllers, because they are not designed to be master controllers.

Comparison is here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/controllers/compare/#19993,19972

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Re: Different between 7000 series Cloud Service controller VS 7200 series Mobility controller

thanks for quicks reply 

by the way i have small office need to install around 20 AP, can i use 7010 COntroller to manage those 20 AP ?

there is only one controller, if i install 7010 Cloud service controller still i can get all the feature that has 7200 series controller.  i'm aware cloud service controller has limitation max AP support, apart from that any different ? 

thanks. 

Regard 

Tej Bahadur 

The 7000 and 7200 controller have feature parity as it pertains to managing APs. However, the 7000s do things that the 7200s do not, and the 7200s do things that the 7000s do not. So you would need to identify what features outside of AP management you may require (ala if you need dual-WAN support, the 7000s are your only option, if you need to manage multiple controllers, the 7200s are what is recommended). 

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: