Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Differentiate users

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Differentiate users

Posted Mar 14, 2012 01:29 AM

We currently have 2 ssid in the network.

Some are authenticating to the ssid wifi-wpa and some to wifi-ssl.

The wifi-wpa works fine and users who have already authenticated, just connect and login when they are in range.

The issue is with the other. I am wanting to redirect all the wifi-ssl users, to the new wifi-wpa.

I am thinking that maybe I can have a redirect on the wifi-ssl to just point them to the wifi-wpa, however, is there a way that these new users or any new users can see a custom page with maybe some attached pdf docs with instructions or alternatively information on a page that will give users the instructions they need to get authenticated.

Anyway to have a specific page based on the device that is connecting?

trying to get all the information to the user on first connection, prior to authenticating, so the helpdesk are not innundated.

Thanks

G

• 2.  RE: Differentiate users

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2012 06:51 AM
    What is the difference between both networks?

Do they both use encryption? Do they both use username and password? Does either network use captive portal? More details please.

• 3.  RE: Differentiate users

MVP
    Posted Mar 14, 2012 10:23 AM

I would set up a captive portal on the wlan-ssl you're trying to replace with a friendly reminder as to why and how to connect from now on.

The captive portal allows you to give them access to whatever docs/info you want and nothing else.

If you leave the encryption and authentication as was users will be able to connect without any changes but be served your captive portal when they try to surf anywhere.