Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Disappearing SSID

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Disappearing SSID

Posted Apr 20, 2017 03:03 AM

Dear all friends and experts

Please help me, I’m facing problems with Wireless LAN in Building.

We have three SSID:

• A
    • B
    • C

All users are working good, but some client can’t see ASSID, they can see only two SSID ( B and C). I talk to me team bring his devices to around building, but he still can’t see A SSID. Please give me some advices .

Thank you so much,

Lee Nguyen.

• 2.  RE: Disappearing SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 20, 2017 04:17 AM

Hi,

do you have controllers? Can you run: show ap bss-table ap-name NAME OF THE AP

You will see the what the device is broadcasting.

• 3.  RE: Disappearing SSID

Posted Apr 20, 2017 05:35 AM

1.PNG

Yes, all SSID have broadcasted from AP, but i dont know why ? My client can not see A SSID.
    Thank you so much

• 4.  RE: Disappearing SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 20, 2017 05:50 AM

it looks like you are broadcasting SSID "A" and actually you have 5 users connected onto it.

Can you do show wlan ssid-profile NAME OF THE SSID-PROFILE that broadcasts the A essid to check that it is not hidden?

• 5.  RE: Disappearing SSID

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 20, 2017 05:52 AM

Hey, what kind of configuration is "A" SSID. You can see from the output above it is broadcasting for 6 hours on on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. What are the devices in question that can't see the SSID's? Are they locked down to certain SSID's via a profile?

It does show that you have 5 clients connected as well (cur-cl). If you run the below do you see any connected clients?

#show ap association ap-name XXXXX

If you can, upload the tech-support so we can take a look?