Wireless Access

New Contributor

Does 340 series and 303H AC support Instant AP mode?

Hi:

I checked the data sheet, in old models like 330 series and 205H, it says:

"Aruba Instant mode – In Aruba Instant mode, a single AP automatically distributes the network configuration to other Instant APs in the WLAN. Simply power-up one Instant AP, configure it over the air, and plug in the other APs – the entire process takes about five minutes. If WLAN requirements change, a built-in migration path allows 320 series Instant APs to become part of a WLAN that is managed by a Mobility Controller"

And in ordering Guide, there are models with and without instant controller, like "Aruba Instant IAP-334 (RW) 802.11n/ac Dual 4x4:4 MU-MIMO Radio Antenna Connectors 2.5+1 GbE AP" and "Aruba AP-334 802.11n/ac 4x4:4 MU-MIMO Dual Radio Antenna Connectors 2.5+1 GbE AP", it is clear that AP model doesn't have instant controller function.

But in new models like 340 series and 303H, in data sheet:

" Controller-less (Instant) mode – The controller function is virtualized in a cluster of APs in Instant mode. As the network grows and/or requirements change, Instant deployments can easily migrate to controller-based mode."

and in ordering guide, no iAP model anymore.

So do new models support instant controller? It is really confusing.

Thanks!

Aruba

Re: Does 340 series and 303H AC support Instant AP mode?

All newer Aruba AP models are "unified" and support both controller-based and Instant deployments with the same device.

Current unified AP models:

- 203H Series Hospitality APs

- 203R Series Remote APs

- 303H Series Hospitality APs

- 360 Series Outdoor APs

- 303 Series Campus APs

- 340 Series Campus APs

- 318 Series Hardened APs

- 370 Series Outdoor APs

You will not find IAP part numbers for these models, but Instant operation is fully supported on the AP ones.

/Onno
New Contributor

So, if I want to add 303H to my current 325 iAP, i just need to make sure they have the same version of software? And 325 can control the update for 303H in the future?

Aruba

Yup, just make sure your software is 6.5.2 at least.

/Onno
Aruba Employee

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Technology-Blog/Aruba-Unified-AP-platform/ba-p/295661

An older announcement that we probably need to reinforce. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: