Wireless Access

New Contributor

Does Airwave need to be setup as a logging server within the controller?

I was working wihin the wireless controller logging facility to determine why our logging server receives only ARM messages and noticed that there are two logging servers configured, one being our internal syslog server and the other is the Airwave management platform.  My question is; Is it necessary to configure the Airwave management platform as a log server?

(I was able to determine the reason for only seeing ARM msgs. in our production syslog server)

Thanks in advance.

Guru Elite

Re: Does Airwave need to be setup as a logging server within the controller?

Totally Not necessary.  Sending syslog to Airwave will show the messages that are related to that client or that AP, or that controller  in Airwave, but it can be tedious to sort through if you have thousands of debug syslog messages.  Sometimes, even the default syslog can be so verbose that it will slow down Airwave and take up space.  It is better that syslog is processed on a dedicated platform specifically for that.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Is not a requirement , to monitor the controller you only need SNMP

Sent from Outlook Mobile
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Guru Elite

Some nice value adds of sending syslog to AirWave is being able to create trigger alerts off syslog data. For example, when there is a DFS radar hit, you can get an email.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: