Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Does ArubaOS8 supports DHCP redundancy?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Does ArubaOS8 supports DHCP redundancy?

Posted Feb 01, 2018 09:28 PM

Hi everybody,

I have received request to deply DHCP server on Master redundancy controllers. Two controller syncs profiles but DHCP server configuration.

By the way, it's Aruba OS 6.

I've look throught the topics to find out for does aruba controller redundancies DHCP lease and client list.

I found out below link that shows it does not supports which was in about 3 years ago.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Master-Redundancy-and-DHCP-Server/td-p/224849

Also, I couldn't see any commnad line related to DHCP redundancy from "ArubaOS 8.0.0.0 CLI Reference Guide" as well.

Is it still not supports DHCP redundancy feature even this days?

Has anyone seen this feature from Aruba OS8?

Please tell me if anyone had similar experience.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

• 2.  RE: Does ArubaOS8 supports DHCP redundancy?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 03, 2018 02:32 PM
    You could just double the size of your scope and split it between the two controllers and exclude. For example, make your scope a /23 and put each /24 on a controller and exclude the other range on each.

#AirheadsMobile

• 3.  RE: Does ArubaOS8 supports DHCP redundancy?

Posted Feb 03, 2018 02:32 PM
    You could just double the size of your scope and split it between the two controllers and exclude. For example, make your scope a /23 and put each /24 on a controller and exclude the other range on each.

#AirheadsMobile

• 4.  RE: Does ArubaOS8 supports DHCP redundancy?

Posted Feb 03, 2018 07:35 PM
    No DHCP redundancy