Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Does a RAP need to download it's config from a master controller?

I have a coudpe of anchor controllers in a DMZ that are local to a internal master controller.

I'd like to avoid having a RAP call into the internal network and download it's config, even if it would eventually register with a local controller in the DMZ.

Cant see any scenario like this is in documentation - anyone done this?

Guru Elite

Re: Does a RAP need to download it's config from a master controller?

It does not need to contact a master controller, but the RAP whitelist for authorization of the RAP needs to be available to the local controller.  From 6.3 and above, the RAP whitelist can be replicated to a local controller, so connectivity is not needed to the master controller.  In 6.2 and below, the master controller with the RAP whitelist needs to be available.  Please know that if you are tunneling traffic back into your network, you need to make sure that those VLANs are available on your DMZ controller...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Class answer again many thanks. I will start looking into the white list replication.
Guru Elite

6.3 Release Notes:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=11847

releasenotes.png

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: