Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Does anyone know what the "channel Fame Fragmentation Rate" is?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Does anyone know what the "channel Fame Fragmentation Rate" is?

Posted Feb 10, 2016 01:48 PM

Users are getting randomly disconnected, I came across these stastics when I went to check on the retry and error rate.

The best I can guess is that it is an IP fragmentation issue, but what would cause this? As far as I can tell, the MTU looks fine.

fragmentation_error.PNG

• 2.  RE: Does anyone know what the "channel Fame Fragmentation Rate" is?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 10, 2016 03:20 PM

That number does not automatically explain disconnections.  Something else must be going on.  How long have you had this wireless network?

• 3.  RE: Does anyone know what the "channel Fame Fragmentation Rate" is?

Posted Feb 10, 2016 04:06 PM

Good question! I have been getting this information third-hand, and getting details like that has been proving difficult.

I will be gathering more information by doing some debugging on the clients and doing a "show ap client trail-info", but I was just puzzled by that percentage, and it bothered me that I didn't know what it meant.

• 4.  RE: Does anyone know what the "channel Fame Fragmentation Rate" is?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 10, 2016 04:10 PM

I would obtain the logs.tar first.  That would say alot about the environment.

• 5.  RE: Does anyone know what the "channel Fame Fragmentation Rate" is?

Posted Feb 10, 2016 04:15 PM

Yep, I already have the tar logs. I am not concerned with this being a cause of their issue. I am just curious to know what the channel fragmentation rate is, and what it means.

• 6.  RE: Does anyone know what the "channel Fame Fragmentation Rate" is?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 10, 2016 08:31 PM

It just reports on what percentage of the traffic on the channel is a fragment.  On the channel could be on that access point or another access point that is not even in your WLAN.

• 7.  RE: Does anyone know what the "channel Fame Fragmentation Rate" is?

Posted Feb 11, 2016 09:12 AM

Thank you Colin!