Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Does anyone know what the "channel Fame Fragmentation Rate" is?

Users are getting randomly disconnected, I came across these stastics when I went to check on the retry and error rate.

The best I can guess is that it is an IP fragmentation issue, but what would cause this? As far as I can tell, the MTU looks fine.

fragmentation_error.PNG

Guru Elite

Re: Does anyone know what the "channel Fame Fragmentation Rate" is?

That number does not automatically explain disconnections.  Something else must be going on.  How long have you had this wireless network?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Good question! I have been getting this information third-hand, and getting details like that has been proving difficult.

I will be gathering more information by doing some debugging on the clients and doing a "show ap client trail-info", but I was just puzzled by that percentage, and it bothered me that I didn't know what it meant.

Guru Elite

I would obtain the logs.tar first.  That would say alot about the environment.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Yep, I already have the tar logs. I am not concerned with this being a cause of their issue. I am just curious to know what the channel fragmentation rate is, and what it means.

Guru Elite

It just reports on what percentage of the traffic on the channel is a fragment.  On the channel could be on that access point or another access point that is not even in your WLAN.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

Thank you Colin!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: