Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Downed devices list will not load

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Downed devices list will not load

Posted May 23, 2015 02:18 PM

Last week when I tried to take a look at some of my 'DOWN' items in Airwave, I noticed that one of my groups has a downed device. When I try to open that folder the device list just sits on the Loading Bar and never populates.

All of the other folders load device lists just fine. Any idea how to correct this?Untitled.png

• 2.  RE: Downed devices list will not load

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2015 04:59 PM

What version of Airwave is this?

• 3.  RE: Downed devices list will not load

Posted May 24, 2015 12:25 PM

Sorry, it's Airwave 8.0.4.1

• 4.  RE: Downed devices list will not load

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2015 01:57 PM

For performance related issues like slow page load, you'll typically want to open a support case.  UI slowness is hard to diagnose via the forum.

Some things to check

From UI:

any errors if you open up chrome tools or firebug?

From CLI:

# less /var/log/httpd/error_log  (or tail log and try to navigate to that list view again)

Often times it can just be a temporary lock in the database that causes the stall.

• 5.  RE: Downed devices list will not load

Posted May 26, 2015 11:15 PM
    Alrighty, thank you. We will submit a support case. I'm not seeing any errors that would relate to the problem.

• 6.  RE: Downed devices list will not load
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 17, 2016 07:07 PM

Know this is old, but I forgot to followup with what the solution was:

TAC was able to identify that we had a duplicate device that was stuck in "stacking mode."

We located the previously-stacked primary switch and removed the no-longer-stacked switch from the stack-members list.