Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Dual DHCP Leases?

Hello All,

I have a group of medical devices that obtain a user role on a PSK SSID that assigns them to a VLAN based on MAC OUI.  I notcied in the logs upon connection that the devices get a DHCP address on the default VLAN and then grab another DHCP address on their appropriate VLAN.  I can see why this could occur on a wireless network but in anyone's experience, is this the expected behavior?  

Thanks in advance!

Guru Elite

Re: Dual DHCP Leases?

dhbennett,

What method are you using to move the device to a different VLAN, a user derivation rule?

You should enable debugging on a client to see what VLAN it ends up in and for how long:

config t

logging level debug user-debug <mac address of user>

When you have connected the device, you should type "show log user-debug all" to see if you see what VLAN(s) your client ends up in...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  That's what I have done (I was debugging the device for another issue when I noticed this).  I am using a user derivation rule and it does end up on the correct VLAN.  I'm attaching a log which will hopeful clarify what I am experiencing.

Is that a vlan-derivation rule you have?

I would expect to see that behaviour if it was a dhcp fingerprint rule, but not for a normal vlan-derivation.

Have you tried a role derivation rule, but in the role you specify the vlan?

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACCX #817, ACMP, ACMX #294
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: