Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Dual Homing:

Posted Mar 29, 2013 05:48 AM

How can we configure dual homing on AP135, is there any special configuration is required?? I m just asking for the sake of tesing and making my concept stronger in aruba networks

• 2.  RE: Dual Homing:

Posted Mar 29, 2013 10:30 AM

when you say dual homing you mean like doing a link agg between both ports and the switch?

becasue if that what you want as far i know its not possible...

It will be possible on the 802.11ac aps

• 3.  RE: Dual Homing:
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 29, 2013 10:51 AM

@syedmuradali wrote:

How can we configure dual homing on AP135, is there any special configuration is required?? I m just asking for the sake of tesing and making my concept stronger in aruba networks

In terms of dual-homing, you can plug in an AP135 with no configuration into two switches that provide POE.  You cannot aggregate the ports, so only one port will be active at one time (normaly ethernet0).  If power is cut to ethernet 0, the access point will cold boot (power cycle) and come up on ethernet1.  That is the extent of it.

Long story short, you will have some sort of outage while the access point reboots.  Mostly customers who need the high availability and can justify the cost of another ethernet port would even attempt this.  The truth is very few customers do it, because it would require double the number of switches.

• 4.  RE: Dual Homing:

Posted Apr 18, 2013 02:27 AM
    Thank you Joseph, That is actually i wast looking for.

NightShade1: I wasn't asking for Link aggregation but its really good to know that Link aggregation would be possible for the AP will be possible in ac standard.